A belated happy new year to all of you! I’ve been battling a bacterial infection while I’m on holidays, which hasn’t been fun.
- Link to your tagger and post these rules
- List EIGHT random facts about yourself
- Tag EIGHT people at the end of your post and list their names
- Let them know they’ve been tagged
So here’s eight random facts about me:
- I’m a covert rubberstamper. I have a fairly large range of rubberstamps, mostly arty styled stamps, and a nice range of interesting papers. I love the different textures of paper and love to mix and match stamps to papers. You may end up getting a hand made creation from me (but only if I know your birthday!).
- I was born in Singapore and spent 8 years growing up there. My family and I migrated to Perth, Australia in the 1980s – a period when people were scared of the “Asianisation” of Australia. It was an interesting experience growing up in Australia. For a long time, I tried to deny my Asian roots after being told many times “to go back to where I came from”. I’m now totally comfortable with all sides of my heritage and am a strong believer in living in a negative-discrimination-free society.
- I love quirky hand crafted pieces of art.
- I play the djembe. I don’t play it particularly well, but I love it.
- I used to be a pretty severe stutterer, as were my dad and my uncles. I used to get really frustrated at not being able to verbally express myself clearly. I knew what I wanted to say but could not voice what was in my head. It was even more frustrating seeing other people get frustrated at me. I managed to overcome this issue by sheer force of will (both my parents and I were unaware that there were various treatment plans available to help overcome stuttering). Although I don’t stutter nowadays, there are times when I get close to it but the problem manifests in being unable to pronounce certain words in certain conditions.
- I saw snow for the first time in 2003. Prior to that, I didn’t even realise that we had snow in Australia! Ever since 2003 we’ve been hitting the ski slopes every season.
- I actually get grumpy at times. Just ask my hubby.
- I love retro tin robots. I like robots in general and have always had a fascination with them. At one stage, I thought I was going to grow up to be a roboticist.
I tag the following folks as I’m interested in finding out more about them!
- Sarah Isaacson – I met Sarah briefly at a Web Directions conference. She’s the creator of the Twitter WordPress Sidebar Widget plus she’s just a lovely person!
- Lisa Herrod – I know she’s already been tagged by Donna, but she’s being tagged again :)
- Kenji Walter – I’ve only met Kenji recently, at the Canberra Web Blast
- Minnie – she’s a wonderful artist, writer and photographer.
- Gary Barber – I first met Gary at one of the earlier Web Directions conference. I was so excited at meeting a fellow Perth person all the way on the other side of Australia.
- My dear friend Caronne
- Ben Ryan – he’s oh so witty and his dry sense of humour makes me laugh.
- Karen Cheng who writes Snippets of Life – I’ve been following her blog towards the later part of 2007 and I love her writing style.